Free Webinar: Maximizing Media Coverage
In today’s world press releases and emails are often tossed aside without a second glance. To capture the media’s attention your pitch must be angled in a unique way. So, what steps do you need to take to get your story heard?
Join Essential Skills Ontario Thursday, October 11 at 1:00PM ET for our free webinar, Maximizing Media Coverage, hosted by Ed Shiller, a reputable workshop leader and communications strategist, as well the secretary on Essential Skills Ontario's Board of Directors. Ed will use his extensive knowledge to give you insights, strategies and practical skills you can apply to enhance your communications effectiveness.
In this free one hour webinar, participants will learn:
• What makes a story newsworthy
• How to localize news releases
• How to use events to get your message heard
• How to use new media to increase your coverage
• How to write op-eds and articles for community newspapers
• How to excel at one-on-one interviews
There will be time for questions at the end of the webinar.
To watch a recording of the webinar please visit http://spotlightonlearning.ca/content/october-2012